Astore valley is 120km long with a region of 5,000km2, is situated in the north of Pakistan, in Gilgit-Baltistan . The valley is at the eastern substance of Nanga Parbat, a pinnacle 8,125 high, regularly called the Killer Mountain, as it is viewed as one of the most perilous mountains on the planet to ascend.
Astore Valley Weather
The valley has a roughly 250 square kilometers of ice sheet cover. The closest Glacier in the wake of entering the valley is Harcho and the most effectively open Glacier is Siachen and while going towards the Astore Valley you can observe heavy Trucks Transporting Fuels and Supplies for the army because it close to LOC.
Best Rout for Astore Valley:
- Islamabad to Mansehra Suggest Use Hazara Expressway (Lassan Nawab Sahib Inter change )– Approx. 2 hours Drive
- Lassan Nawab Sahib Interchange to Naran using N-15 Highway 125km- 3 h 45 min
- Naran to Raikot Bridge 156 Km- 3 h 20 min using N-15 Highway
- Raikot Bridge to Astore 55 km 2 h (Due to Bad Road Condition)
How to Reach Astore from KKH ?
- If You are coming from Chillas just before the Jaglot Town You ll see the Sign Board by Mentioning SKARDU and Deosai Plains
- If you are on public transport than you have to switch the Public Transport from Gilgit, there is direct route from Rawalpindi as well.
- MOST IMPORTANT: There are no pre-defined schedules for public Transport. Just try to go one day before to the bus station and ask for approximate timings
Places to Visit in Astore Valley
- Rama Lake
- Rainbow lake Domel
- Burzil Pass
- Minimarg (Chota Deosai )
- Rupal Valley
- Rama Meadows
- Gutmsar Valley
- Banaka La
- Mazino Pass
- Harpo Pass
- Bubin Pass
- Mazeno Pass
Landscapes of Astore Valley
The scene that makes up the Astore valley isn’t just of an enormous delight but on the other hand is, made out of huge geographic assortment and complexities, offering the brave explorer interminable trekking choices, just as the chance to get inundated in a culture which very few visitors have ever gotten the opportunity to encounter.
Language People Speaks in Astore Valley
Shina is one of the many languages spoken in Gilgit-Baltistan, a region which is home to an endless number of ethnicities and cultures. The people in Gilgit-Baltistan are ethnically and culturally closer to Central Asia (Afghanistan and Tajikistan, especially) than the rest of Pakistan.
Cell Phone and Mobile Data (Coverage ) in Astore Valley
As it is remote area Cell Phone Signals works only in the main city Astore , but if you go out for Exploring like Minimarg often called (Chota Deosai) . Chillam Chowki Cell Phone won’t work and don’t think about data. Best Case Buy S.Com Sim from Gilgit , Jaglot or from Astore City before travelling into this area.
Road is under construction and will complete in 2020 so that will be good time to visit Astore Valley
Winter Season in Astore Valley
In winter, which runs from the finish of October until March, Astore turns out to be completely detached, since all the streets are obstructed by huge amounts of day off. In any case, in spite of this disconnection, Astore has a populace of more than 70,000 occupants, spread across in excess of 100 towns.
Exploring the Surroundings of Astore Valley
Recruiting a Jeep 4×4 – The valley is just and solely available by four-wheel-drive vehicles. In the event that you can bear the cost of it, your best choice would lease a Jeep. There are many options in Jeep Category you can Hire Cheap one 3 Door or Prado With Sunroof. The average rate of Hiring Jeep is around Rs 6000-10000.
- Don’t Forget to take Sunblock with you.
Hotel and accommodation in Astore Valley
Hotels are only Available in Astore City you can find some guest house near Rama Lake but the best option is to stay at Astore City.